* You don't have to be that much of a conspiracy kook to wonder at least a little if a rich millionaire who dies of a heart attack shortly after receiving back-to-back-to-back life sentences on counts of conspiracy and fraud is faking his own death, do you? And yes, I'm looking at you Lay family.
* How the hell is it already July?
* Watching Rice play Oregon State was like re-living the 1996 World Series. Much like the Braves in that fateful year, they had what should have been a huge advantage and then all of a sudden the team just stopped producing runs and let the Yankees/Beavers walk right over them to the title. That sucked.
* I can't wait until next week when we can all stop pretending like we care about soccer for another four years.
* Something just feels wrong about a fourth of july with no fireworks. The only other time I remember that experience I was in Spain, and at least that was excusable. At least we had lots of hamburgers and corn and the like yesterday.
* I enjoyed Superman. It wasn't as good as some of the recent comic book movies, but it kept me solidly entertained for two and a half hours. I liked Prairie Home Companion better, but I don't really think you can compare the two.